Custom Search
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Aviation

New Zealand Aircraft Engineer License (AMEL) is Recognised in Australia

Wednesday , Posted by AME at 2:28 AM

New Zealand LAMEs - Getting Your Licence Recognised in Australia

Australia and New Zealand have agreed to recognise each other's Aviation Maintenance Engineer Licences (AMEL) under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA).

Under the TTMRA, Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) requires an Australian AMEL to be issued. Before that can occur, New Zealand AME holders are required to satisfy all requirements for registration. That includes passing the Australian Airworthiness Administration (AA) examination.

Due to differences between the New Zealand and Australian AME licence rating groups and privileges, certain New Zealand AME ratings may be limited when translated into Australian ratings and different from the group rating normally issued.

Information for New Zealand LAMEs planning to work in Australia can be found on the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) web site or by contacting CASA's Maintenance Personnel Standards Section. We suggest you look at the web site first.
CASA information

    CASA TTMRA information for LAMEs

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails